Property & Casualty
Property and Casualty insurance, also called P&C, helps fire departments, EMS agencies and other emergency service organizations (ESOs) protect the various types of property they own.
We offer a variety of P&C insurance options to help meet the unique needs of ESOs, including:
- Property—helps protect facilities, grounds, machinery, equipment, furniture and personal items at the station.
- Auto—for damage to fire apparatus, ambulances, vehicles and privately-owned vehicles (POVs), as well as financial protections for liability risks connected to auto-related incidents.
- Portable equipment—covers equipment like personal effects, drones, water crafts, trailers and more at the station, emergency scene or anywhere in between.
- General Liability—helps to financially protect the organization, employees and volunteer members from general operational risks, including Professional Healthcare Liability and Good Samaritan Acts Coverage.
- Management Liability—helps to financially protect the organization, employees and volunteer members from management-related risks beyond your general liability policy, including Employment-related Practices Coverage and coverage for wrongful acts allegations.
- Excess Liability—expands limits to Automobile Liability, General Liability and Management Liability.
Agreed value addresses physical damage to VFIS clients' vehicles and allows you to pick a value to insure each of your vehicles for. This differs from auto liability coverage which helps cover the costs of damages to the others' property, as well as any bodily injuries, for those found to be at-fault for auto-related incidences. Tips for assigning agreed value Listen to the podcast