How to file a claim with VFIS
Emergency Service Organizations
We're sorry to hear you've experienced a loss and hope we can work with your insurance agent to help make your organization whole again. Please reach out to your agent as soon as possible so they can serve as your liaison during the claims process and begin filing your paperwork.Claims reminders Claims FAQs
We hope we can work together to make things right for your client. Please send a completed Acord of Loss Notice and supporting documentation (like photos) to VFIS at email@example.com, fax 717.747.7051. If you are located in a Regional Director state, please send all documents directly to your Regional Director. In the event of an after-hours emergency, please call Glatfelter Claims Management at 800.233.1957 for assistance.Download loss notices
Filing a Claim
Thank you for partnering with VFIS to help protect your local hometown heroes. We're sorry to hear they've experienced a loss but we're ready to work together to try to make things right for them.
Please gather the following:
- Policy number
- Date, time and location of the incident
- Insured name, address and contact info
- Description of incident/claim
- Identity and contact info for all persons involved, including witnesses
- Description of damages and/or injuries
- Type of loss
- Name of authority contacted
- Report number
- Policy information
- Details and supporting documentation pertaining to the specific type of loss, like vehicle information, circumstances surrounding accident/illness or news articles
- First, mitigate the risks. Start by assisting any injured parties and take measures to help protect your property from further damage. (We get it, this is probably overkill as you deal with emergencies every day—but we have to say it.)
- Contact your agent ASAP. Your local insurance agent will help gather all of the important information we need to file your claim like the date, time and location of the occurrence.
- Stay in touch with your agent about your claim—and only your agent. For example, in the event that a lawsuit is filed—let your agent know immediately and provide copies of the suit papers. But outside of your agent, assigned claims handler and authorized representative, we encourage you to not share any information regarding claims with others.