VFIS takes pride in our responsive claims handling. We are available throughout the process for information and support.
In the event of a loss, follow these steps:
- Provide assistance to injured persons and/or protect your property from further damage.
- Notify your insurance agency promptly. Keep their phone number handy and call them before you call us.
- Provide accurate information. You will be asked to provide basic information, such as:
- Date, time and location of the occurrence.
- General description of what happened.
- Identity and contact information for all persons involved.
- Description of the damages and/or injuries.
- Description of the automobiles, property, persons and witnesses involved, including addresses and telephone numbers.
If the claim involves an automobile accident or a crime, record the name of the police department and the number of the police report.
Do not divulge information to anyone other than your assigned claim handler or their authorized representative.
In the event a lawsuit is filed against you or your organization, contact your local agent immediately and provide copies of the suit papers.
For Agents & Brokers:
We request that all information for P&C claims be placed on an Acord Loss Notice and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include supporting documentation such as photos, police report, etc. if it is available at time of claim submission.