(August 10, 2015 ) A note from our President: Troy Markel, President of VFIS: This VFIS News edition is highlighting an ongoing movement among some of the national emergency service organizations by
promoting safety through different operational and management practices. Some of the enclosed articles are from recent scientific analysis; others have been developed over time based on data and statistics. The opinions and information expressed in this edition are not necessarily specific to VFIS, our clients and the whole emergency services community, but rather helpful suggestions that may assist your organization once they are reviewed. We believe continuing the dialogue of moving toward a best safety practices environment will assist the emergency services community to the benefit and betterment of their members and communities they serve.
Read the summer edition of the VFIS newsletter and Employment Practices Update.
Highlights of the newsletter include:
- Principles of a modern fire attack: S.L.I.C.E. - R.S.
- National Safety Culture Change Initiative releases new report
- FIRE CALL! Educating the public is our job, too
- Staying safe is a cultural challenge – how do you rate?
- NFFF “New Goals” campaign: Taking steps to survivability
- Six new classes added to VFIS University
- Canadian News
- News You Can Use
The Employment Practices Update addresses:
Communication is the key to culture change