(October 7, 2013) It's Fire Prevention Week and this year's theme is Prevent Kitchen Fires. There are numerous precautions that you can take while preparing food in the kitchen. Safe cooking behaviors are extremely important. Below are some fire safety tips that you can start implementing this week and continue throughout the year.
- Safe cooking behaviors.
- Choose the right equipment and use it properly.
- Use barbecue grills safely.
- Charcoal grills.
- Propane grills.
- Watch what you heat.
- Keep things that can catch fire and heat sources apart.
- Use equipment for intended purposes only.
- Protect children from scalds and burns.
Prevent scalds and burns.
- Install and use microwaves safely.
- How and when to fight cooking fires.
- Nuisance smoke alarms.