Being responsible for training your fellow firefighters, EMS personnel and rescuers is an honorable—and hefty—duty. But it's our hope that our educational programs, resources and classes can help take some of the weight off of your shoulders by providing you with information and tools to help you educate your team on best practices, improve safety efforts in your operations and equip your members with increased skillsets.
Featured trainer resources
In-person class covering the instructional methodology to deliver an EMS driver training.
More ways to train with VFIS
- Quality online education and training courses—many of which are recognized as meeting industry continuing education requirements.
- Knowledge and best practices on a variety of topics, like fixed object strike prevention, equipment best practices, health and safety recommendations and more.
- Certificates upon completion of courses to help you recognize your members' achievements.
- The ability to assign specific courses to your crew members, and to be notified of their progress and completion.
VFIS proudly hosts content from a wide-variety of industry leaders on this site to help responders' address the top risks facing their organization and team.
Don't Risk It! Podcast
which discusses the latest risk management trends for emergency services personnel.
Our Education, Training and Consulting team is happy to be available to discuss your needs and evaluate what custom seminars and webinars we have to best support you. Here are just a few that we recommend considering:
- Common Pitfalls in Patient Care Documentation
- Near Miss & Incident Investigation
- Risk Management for Emergency Services
- Next Generation Leadership in Fire and EMS
- Role of the Chief Officer