IntelliCorp offers VFIS clients discount on background checks
(April 26, 2012 ) When recruiting volunteers and employees, it’s important to have as much information possible to make smart decisions. In fact, some states required background checks - Arizona requires background checks on all firefighters and the Texas Commission on Fire Protection requires criminal background checks on all applicants for firefighter certification. Criminal background checks can reveal whether a prospective employee has been convicted of a crime or engaged in any inappropriate act.
Background checks help to:
- Maintain the quality and retention of new hires and volunteer members.
- Protect a department's reputation.
- Manage and minimize risk.
- Increase safety within the department and the public.
- Reduce loss due to sexual offenses, violence or theft.